Monday, January 7, 2013

It's finally the time to face the truth. It's not easy giving up but I figured out the best way is to finally let it go because no matter how hard I try, I feel hurt deep inside.

They say friends are the best things to share with others. I acknowledged that and I tried. I am really happy that more people get to experience your laughter, share your moments, hear your stories and have meals with you. 

But lately I feel that we are drifting apart. I no longer know what is going on in your daily life, I started avoiding a little and eventually that became a habit. Like we were on two boats out in the ocean, slowly tossed by the wave and float in our separate ways. There were less common topic between us. I didn't know since when that happened. I tried to bridge the gap, but you were always not there. When I wanted so badly to talk to someone, you were never there.

From the pictures on facebook, I can see you have definitely moved on. You were no longer the person I used to know. You smiled a lot more genuinely in pictures without me. That hurt me a lot, no doubt. You probably won't know this feeling because you are always the social butterfly that flutters around while I am the one who always finds a quiet place in a crowd of strangers. 

We've drifted apart into somewhat different worlds. So close, and yet so far. I used to think that this saying was nonsense. How could it possibly make any sense? Now I couldn't find a reason to prove it wrong.

The reason I wrote this all out is because I want to have my feelings sorted. I don't want to dwell on it any longer. It burdens me so much and it's just wearing me out. I have to move on. Maybe, this is for the best. Maybe, I just like you a little too much. Maybe, ....

Thanks for being a great friend. I'll treasure all the memories we had previously and I sincerely wish you all the best. I know I'm going to be fine. After all, I did cope well 8 years ago, didn't I?

No comments: