Saturday, February 27, 2010

Of abstinence

How much have you done in the Lenten season?

What is the use of Lenten season some may ask..and this is what it is all about.

Jesus died for the sins of all men so that we can be reunited with God once more. He suffered a lot before his death, praying for 40 days in the wilderness. Thus these 40 days of lent refrain as much as possible from the materials in life.

It is easier said than done. How much have I done in for the past two weeks of Lent. And I came up with nothing. I still gave into temptations.

It is Friday today, a day of abstinence. Even though not necessary but I shall keep that in mind. Refraining from meat and fasting.

Facebook...this is another temptation that I need to overcome. Facebook less.

The thought of the day:

Trust in [God] at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

-Psalm 62:8 (NIV)

Resist the materialism of life as Jesus did, can you and are you willing?

No comments: