Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good Friday

It was Good Friday yesterday and it rained after we reached the church. Praise the Lord!



Anyway, yesterday was the first after a long time, the time I participated in the Stations of the Cross. I'm actually proud of myself for attending it together with some other church-goers. :)
I bought a candle in conjunction with Easter Vigil and a charity to St Thomas More builiding fund (the new church). The candle came along with a prayer card.




I totally loved yesterday's sermon. It's about what truth really is. I realised that people run away from truth always. And with that, I'm no exception. I tend to be someone that I'm not. And living up to expectations, so caught up that we lose ourselves entirely in the process and we're not being truthful to ourselves, brothers and sisters, parents, boyfriends and girlfriends, husbands and wives and the list goes on...





Well, in short, why compare? The grass is always greener on the other side? Not exactly. Look carefully and you'll probably realise that you've missed some patches of weeds as well.



Apparently, Jesus died for all of us, and to redeem our sins. Thus, this explains all the sufferings that we have to bear in the world. Everyone has equal sufferings and damages in their lives as well - in short, nobody's perfect.





Truth.
Even a white lie equally strays from the meaning of truth. White lies do hurt and all the reasons for the white lies won't help. A lie is a lie. The pastor's right...





Good Friday allows me to once again renew my faith in Jesus and to constantly turn to him when the distractions in this world lure me away. I was touched by His love. His willingness to suffer and die for all of us to bear our sins, which provides a pathway to heaven for us.



When I was venerating the cross, Father Vincent's words came back to a flash into my head. So, with that, I left all my sins and dissatisfactions in my life and towards some people on the cross which He carries and made a promise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I realised that people run away from truth always."

i could not agree more

Lilian said...

Yup ibnu azlan...I'm glad i'm not the only one who realised that

yTze said...

i found the sermon very enlightening too! especially the part about using our neighbour as a yardstick for comparison. oh man, how relevant is that.. :P

We shall strive to be true to ourselves =)))

Lilian said...

Yeah yTze..it really makes me reflect on how I used to live a life so meaningless by comparing with others.

Yup..and true to everybody :)

I am a life too. said...

Are you saying being true to ourselves is being honest? Otherwise, how is it achieved? And how if we were little known to ourselves, or ourselves were little known to us?

Lilian said...

Yeah Ding..being truthful like being honest to yourself and not escaping reality, believing things that want you want yourself to believe in..Sometimes we tend to escape the truth ma..so being truthful to ourselves and know our limitations and willingly accept our weaknesses is being true to who we really are