Friday, April 24, 2009

Loneliness and conformity

Loneliness is sometimes torturing to the mind and to the heart

However, remember that you are never alone. Even though the whole world might turn its back up on you, friends might walk away in your life, leaving you at the most significant time of your life, keep in mind that you are never alone. Because God is always with you.

It has become a fear, rooted in everyone else. Even the social butterflies do feel so sometimes. It's not how people's view about you that matters, so stop going around impressing people. Life is short and what is the purpose of doing so right?

If people doesn't accept you for who you are then that person is not worth it for you to change.

Conformity

A single and yet big word. People conform to the expectations of the society, trying to fit in. Everybody does that because nobody wants to feel lonely.

I once knew someone, let's call him/her A. A changed from someone who was really gentle to someone totally different and the reason is? YES expectations of parents and the society. There's no such rule as living up to people's expectations without you being happy. What is life when you're not happy? I'm sure God doesn't want people to do that!

Anyway, the key idea is just to be yourself and stay the same as who you really are. I really hope A would be someone I once knew before. It would really hurt you when someone change from the way they once were

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm..sad ending for A isn't it?

but...it is really the "ending"?

hmm...

Lilian said...

Hmm..tat I'm not sure..i do fee; pity for A..and it's hurting to to see someone change to someon you don't know. I'll leave the 'ending' to God..It's not for me to determine :)

I am a life too. said...

Loneliness is an anxiety. It prevents us from being ourselves. It drives us away from seeing the big picture in life. (...hoping that I am saying the right thing; it haunts me very much these days, and I don't know why.)Perhaps loneliness is caused by homesickness. And parental love and care. :p

Lilian said...

Aww..Ding..remember you're not alone..and you're never alone..cheer up!