Thursday, April 2, 2009

Really a winner? Be careful...

I am writing this to share what I have dealt with frauds (my guess)

It was 8pm on 31 March. I was sitting on my bed reading Phyiscs when suddenly this guy called me, telling me I won a Sony PSP from Cornetto Love Sparks, which I recalled indeed I have joined that contest last year. And so he smsed me the address of the company which is in Kelana Jaya and asked me to collect the prize by this week. Okay I thought, that was quite weird.. why by this week?

In the sms, I was asked to bring a photocopy of my IC. Hmm...and so I thought again, what about the proof of purchase (the lid which I had thrown away last year after clearing my desk).. Hmm...

After days of contemplating, I went to google for this contest (contest period was from 15 July 2008 till 15 September 2008). A really long time ago! And after a few more searches, things began to become more suspicious. The real address of the Cornetto company doesn't compliment the one he gave me..Hmm...

And lots more stuff that heightens the suspicion.

So in the end, I have decided it should be a fraud. I can never be that lucky. Only 16 PSPs to be given out and it's one in a million that I'll be that 1/16 of Malaysian who is damn lucky.

People out there, be careful..don't let your mind be blinded by material (even though I do admit it is kinda tempting) but don't give way into temptation. I'd rather lose the few bucks than myself..agree?

Lately Casa has become more and more unhabitable...if there's even a word like that.. So just be careful...

6 comments:

LasVen said...

nevermind nevermind.. an interesting experience ..

Lilian said...

Haha..yeah..true..leaves me memories when i leave here..haha

ah_thew said...

never mind.....hahha..... next time, we can buy psp together,,,

Lilian said...

haha..better safe than sorry right mathew?..bye bye psp..haha

nian yi said...

haha. gud decision.

Lilian said...

yup nian yi..i love and have been wanting to hear that :)